18.4.12

Abhinhapaccavekkhana

...and I remember this chanting.

I am of the nature to age.
I have not gone beyond aging.
Jaradhammomhi, jaram anatito

I am of the nature to sicken.
I have not gone beyond sickness.
Byadhidhammomhi, byadhim anatito

I am of the nature to die.
I have not gone beyond dying.
Maranadhammomhi maranam anatito

All that is mine, beloved and pleasing, will become otherwise, will become separated from me.
Sabbehi me piyehi manapehi nanabhavo vinabhavo

I am the owner of my karma,
Heir to my karma,
Born of my karma,
Related to my karma,
Abide supported by my karma.
Whatever karma I shall do, for good or for ill, of that I will be the heir.
Kammasakkomhi kammadayado kammayoni kammabandhu kammapatisarano, yam kammam karissami kalyanam va papakam va tassa dayado bhavissami


No comments:

Post a Comment